So when my boys build one of these forts I have to accept it. I'm OK with it for about an hour or so. But then I get the twitches and I just have to go in my room. I have to remember, 'This is there house too,' and 'I'm not the only one who lives here.' I love their creativity and their adventurism. I like to see where their imaginations are taking them. And when they play wild games or make enormous Lego stations or tape 10 different pieces of construction paper to their bedroom door (they were building a sandcastle), I have to keep the mostly dormant housekeeper at bay. They eventually tire of whatever mess they have made. And then I go Berserk trying to put it all back (or getting them to put it all back)!
1 comment:
I am with you 100 percent on this post. I have to have everything in its place!!! I too make my bed EVERY day and ditto with pillows on the couch. I like my kids to keep their forts to their bedrooms but they occasionally make them through-out the halls upstairs and in the loft and it drives me crazy!! I do not like play-doh because it makes such a mess and I CAN NOT relax until it's all put away. And don't even get me started on anything that requires water like tea sets, etc. I just know water is getting everywhere and eventually causing damage. I have to constantly remind myself to let my kids be kids.
Post a Comment