Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trudging along

Last week we were one sick household. Alex ended up having Bronchitis which kept him from school 4 days last week. June came down to be with us since I was too sick to take care of the kids and Dan was out of town.
Yesterday we were feeling back to normal so the kids and I went to the East Valley. We went to the Scout Shop and got Alex set up with his cub scout gear. We then went and got Alex's new scriptures and had them engraved for his baptism. We spent some time wandering around the temple grounds, just feeling the love.


My kids are still a bit on edge and moody from last weeks extended 'vacation'. We have had lots of crying, pouting, and even down right stubborness (Alex refused to go to school today, but I dragged him to his classroom: literally! He said, "I do not think I should have to go to school today because you are forcing me.") I'm mean, it is true, but I'm a mom and some times you've got to be tough (even if at heart you are sickened by it!)

4 comments:

Triple A said...

I hope your spirits rise soon. Will call soon.

Rochelle said...

Hope that's the end of the sickies for you guys! I love Alex's comment about being forced to go to school! He's too smart!

Lacie said...

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better. That is hard when you don't fell good and you still have to be the mom too. We moms don't really get sick days. That was nice of your mother in-law to help out.

andreamatrix said...

Alex is getting baptised?!
How is this possible...
:)