I am so depressed this morning because when I went to download our pictures,
the camera deleted the pictures without downloading them! What sorrow! Perhaps
a friend took a picture of us; I shall try to locate a picture today. Alex said
he would be willing to go get pictures taken because I was so sad this morning.
Ah, but will Macey?
I shall try to capture our memories without the images... I realize that
this will be less exciting, but I must record it for our family record!
From the previous post you know that we were characters from Harry Potter.
Dan was Tom Riddle, I was Moaning Myrtle, Alex was Harry Potter Quidditch, Ryan
was Harry Potter School robes, and Macey was Hedwig the owl (oh, and she was so
precious). The boys were so handsome with their spray painted black hair and
red scars. Macey was never a willing participant in the getting ready
department. After coaxing her into her piggy tails, I painted her face. The
mistake I made was when I showed her in the mirror how cute she was. She wailed
and wailed (and smeared that make-up). But, it was still cute.
We got dressed up and went to Trunk or Treat at our church building. The 3
wards met there for a mad dash of candy grabbing! It was fun to see our new
friends dressed up. My friend Marcella shared our trunk, so I wasn't alone
handing out candy while Dan took the kids around. Once Macey figured out the
whole get candy for being dressed silly, she was delighted to be an owl! Ryan
is a complete nut: he would go down a row and then come back and show me what
he got. Then he would go for more and come back. He lost Dan and co. and was
just going at it haphazardly. At the end Dan and Alex were harassing him that
he could have gotten so much more, but I said, 'Leave him alone. He had a great
time! He isn't disappointed at all that he didn't do it your way.'
At 6:30pm we were in a race to get home. One of Alex's friends and family
and one of Ryan's friends and family were meeting us at our house for dinner.
We had pizza and healthy fruits and veggies to try to balance out the sugar
intake. As soon as Macey was done eating she begged for her owl costume.
Hooray! She was ready to go out for some more.
After a round of family pictures (now lost in a digital graveyard) we took
off to trick or treat in the neighborhood. Our neighborhood was great for trick
or treating. The boys found friends along the way besides the ones that came
with us. And the weather was fantastic. A perfect holiday! Ryan was in a race
to get down the street the fastest. And, oh, this is where my heart breaks that
the camera was broken. My sweet 2 year old owl would walk daintily up the
sidewalks and wait her turn to get to say trick or treat, all on her own and
come slowly (so she wouldn't fall) back down the sidewalk. Her silhouette was so
precious; this little bitty girl holding up her pumpkin to the great big
adults. Oh, joy of joys!
We finished our rounds at about 8pm with a stop next door so Macey could
play with Megan for a minute. The boys were showered and in bed by 8:30, just
like usual. I think they had a wonderful night. And our haul of candy must be
some where around 8lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment