Do you remember being star of the week? I remember very clearly being star of the week in 3rd grade. This grand tradition continues in elementary school and it was finally Ryan's turn to be star of the week. In kindergarten the privilege includes bringing home Buddy Bear and making scrapbook pages about his adventure with you.
Sharing a snack with Buddy.
Reading Buddy a bedtime story.
Yummy! Dominoes on a Saturday night.
Buddy at the Farmstead. This is a historic building in our town that kids can come visit on field trips to see how life was for homesteaders in Texas.
There wasn't any funding for the field trip this year. Usually the 3rd grade goes here, so when Alex saw we were going to be close by he begged to let us go.
Lassoing Buddy Bear.
Ah, the library. Ryan says one night in the car, not necessarily to me, 'I wonder how penguins keep warm.' As I take a breath to answer he says, 'Don't tell me! I want to go to the library and find out!' Ryan knows how to find the non-fiction animal books. While I was in another part of the library he finds me and gives me 6 books on penguins.
He loves to be read to, he is getting better at reading, and he loves learning from what he reads. Hooray!
So far I have produced two little readers and I am very glad.
No comments:
Post a Comment