Friday, March 8, 2013

Texas City Float

The Fourth Graders at our school participate in a Texas City Float Parade. They pick or are assigned a Texas city that they then create a float representing all the interesting facts pertaining to that city. Alex was assigned Denton. Quoting an Ensign article, 'children procrastinate when they lack confidence.' I told Alex, 'you are just standing there like a deer in the headlights, and that means roadkill. Don't be roadkill. Move!' He felt the pressure of a test grade and just couldn't fathom how he could ever do it. There was much cow prodding by Dan to keep the kid going. But Alex was the master of the project. I made him ask for specific help before I would give him any aide. I don't know if this is his absolute best, but it was a good effort. I think if he had to make another float, say next week, he would get right to it without any problems, and really put his best into it.
Megan is the girl next door who Macey loves. Always Meg is at daycare. But not on this day. They played nearly the whole day, including watching their siblings in the parade.
 Insert Video

 

The videos are of some of my boys, Matt and Nico were both my primary kids and scouts. Love those guys!

Alex walking away.
Another friend.
The floats were very cool. Most were done by kids, a few were aided by grown-ups, but a fun project enjoyed by everyone.

1 comment:

Baron Family said...

Love the "road kill" phrase! Good job Alex!