Thursday, July 11, 2013

July Stuff

Ryan found 2 grasshoppers in the yard and brought them in as pets. They were living in the crab aquarium. It was convenient that the crab was molting and not hanging around. They finally escaped and wandered the Lego city ruins in the boys room. One was found and released the other is still lost.
You don't think that dead grasshoppers give off much smell, do you? Anyhow, Ryan would pet and carry this beast around.
 Macey was also able to enjoy these lovely creatures.
 Ryan has shown an interest in wood crafting. I got him a few of those Home Depot kits and he has been working on them slowly.
 This will be a picnic box. He is carving out the Superman symbol and flames on the sides.
 Here is Macey's baby Rapunzel that she really wanted!
 Here is Macey the NEXT day crying at Toysrus for this Unicorn on a stick. Sorry sweet cakes; your birthday is coming!
 If you take all the kids electronics away, they do know how to play together. Alex has become a recent owner of an IPod and I have lost nearly all control over the gaming in my house.
 Cub Scout camp. Alex has the tall black socks on at the archery range.
 I got to go to camp for 2 days. It was hot, but really satisfying. I got to be with the older kids and it wasn't stressful or hard. We had fun playing games in between activities. It was fun being with the boys. I'll miss them as they go off to boy scouts.
 That same week I had two other kids home sick. This pink puppy showed up on the front porch on one of Macey's sick days. She was very happy. Well, she was somewhat less grumpy I guess.
 This is my 'Rabbit' salad. I laughed and had to take a picture of this artful meal I had at the cheesecake factory. I went with a new friend to celebrate our birthdays, they being the same week.
 ANOTHER birthday party. We have had a slew of parties lately. This event was for our good sports buddy Andrew.
Ryan enjoying a big brother party. He got to tag along and was thrilled about it!
This skips over my birthday, which was a truly wonderful day with my children and husband; the 4th, which was another great day of swimming and dinner with friends and fireworks; the sickness that had attacked everyone but me; my finally getting a big girl cell phone!
We are getting ready to go to the beach! Hoorah! It will be a long haul to reach a coastal water; I hope it is worth it!

No comments: