Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mar/Apr

 Makayla and M at choir rehearsal.
 Activity Days talent show.
 Macey played the piano. Convenient that she has a talent... that she doesn't want. ;) Ryan videoed it for us...
 Ryan band concert.
 Nice day to make videos on the tramp.
 A beautiful seminary sunrise.
 Combined rehearsals are the best!!
 Taking Ryan to a docto's office is like taking him on the best field trip. He loves to touch everything. Even giraffes.
 General Conference.
Stephanie had a day off from work so we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart to browse and then we went to Top Golf! She was awesome. I was mediocre. Or terrible, actually... :)

 Hmm, this doesn't look like a cozy way to nap. But if you want to lay on all 3 pillows at once...
 Wow, who knew the lighting in a boys locker room would be so good! This is us backstage pre-concert. (Jenn Erickson and Sheryl Carroll) I have loved working with these ladies. Jenn is retiring this semester. I am going to miss her!
 Macers, Makayla, and Mom!



 Water fight over the fence!
 UIL day.
 Diego and Alex.
 Log destruction. This log brings her so much joy. It is great for tug of war. And now, for unstuffing.
 Cardboard is the best gift sometimes.
 I got a call on a Tuesday from Rick, 'Your mom is in the hospital.' Dan travels so much that I couldn't get away until Thursday. I drove the 5 hours by myself. Shew that was a long trip.
 Mom had a ventilator and was sedated the whole time while I was there. She would open her eyes, but it was mostly a blank stare. She was very ill and being sustained mostly with medication and machines. I sat with her Thur-Sun until I had to return. I did take some time off to drive around town.

 Here is the Wal-Mart home office. I learned that W-M is finally building a new beautiful complex to house it's operations over the next few years. Finally!
 I also got to visit friends. This is Nick Petersen and Kenny Lowden, church and school friends from way back. Nick taught me to drive a stick shift, was my ride to seminary, and my buddy! Kenny was the funny, trouble maker who was everyone's friend. We had some good laughs down memory lane! I also spent time with the Isabel's and even went to the adult session of Stake Conf. It was Easter weekend, so once I got up Sunday morning to say good-bye I headed home just as Dan was heading to the airport again.
 Once I got back from that trip a friend asked to have a quilt made for a school project for her kid. Here is Macers hanging out while I worked on that project. It took me about 6 hours to make the whole thing.

The kid is going to write in the purple square, so it wasn't a finished product when I handed it off.

No comments: