A girl, her dog and her homework. MJ did an unfathomable amount of algebra at the end of 8th grade. Hours and hours of calculations and paperwork!
So the awesome YW pres that I am, I planned an epic campout, at a local city park! However, a Wester Middle School dance AND a threat of hail made us cancel those plans and have a late-over at our house instead.Sis Dunford came and sang some camp songs on her guitar. We had a flag retirement ceremony. Video games, smore's, hot dogs. The works!
What would camp be without crafts! (Note MJ doing homework again on the couch behind!)
Sunflower granny squares from my yarn crawl shopping. These however where incorrectly made. Doh! they look lovely, but too small. Boo!
Macey got the 8th grade history award from Mr Lane.
I did ask her to wear a dress, but whatever!
OK, this is gorgeous, except for the mistakes. I recently gifted this to Uncle Mike's friend in Vietnam. I hope she'll use it since it is super cute.
Ha! I signed up to sub for the art teacher at Curtsinger. Except it was Field Day so instead of my cush art room, I was outside filling endless buckets of water!
Table art.
Band banquet photo I found in the band hall while subbing. Nerds. Band nerds.
Also, while subbing in the band hall we caught a rat. Admin came and took care of it. They took a box and closed it and put it in the dumpster. I'm pretty sure that guy found his way back into the band hall!
These are my Emerson kids having a Fiji party. They surprised me and wrote kind notes and gave me a school shirt so I'd have one to wear next year!
Hard life. Lucy used to be afraid of this pouf, but has decided it isn't a bad dog bed.
My band office packed to the brim for summer. The school is having AC units replaced school wide, but especially in the band hall. Fingers crossed they didn't ruin or lose any of the hats in the attic!
Macey's marching horn for next year.
The end of the school year has wiped everyone out around here!
I made a snood! OK, actually it is a cowl and it is a purple replica of Wednesday's snood from the Netflix series.
I made it with alpaca from a yarn shop from the yarn crawl. It was super fast and easy.
So, you see, I had enough yarn to make one more bag and this one is so much cuter. I carried in Hawai'i and got lots of compliments.
Training for a 10K in the fall. Why do I have to run so hard in the hot summer?























