Wednesday, May 14, 2008
China
My heart is full of sorrow. I think the sky was crying yesterday. I cannot help but get tearful thinking about those poor mothers in China. They sent their one child to school and a horrifying earthquake came and buried them alive. Maybe I am sad that Satan has such a grasp over that country that he has found a way to deny the first and basic law of creation. Maybe I am sad because I am planning to run to several stores and do whatever I want and buy whatever I can afford (which is a lot in world standards) and have so many freedoms that the mothers in China will never know. Maybe I am sad that I cannot give solace to those women. What can we do? Obviously pray, but what can we really do to help them survive this? Maybe I should have 10 children because I can! (Of course, mentally I cannot, but theoretically I could!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We are all truly blessed. We had a family home evening the other night on how children in other countries don't have it so good. It made me bawl to look at my children and realize that there are many who do not even know how they will feed their children the next time or watch them suffer when they are sick. I think that this would be one of the hardest trials to endure as a parent. Thanks for the post, it made me count the blessings of today!
I am so out of touch, I didn't even know about the earthquake, how terribly sad. When you think of it this way, it really puts things into perspective.
It truly is so sad! And it makes me sooo mad that the goverment, or whatever they are called, took all the supplies that were being sent in for aide. It's so terrible!! I am glad that we are part of a church that will do all that they can to help.
I was just reading about a family that dug through a school for 7 hours to find the body of their daughter. Things are definately in motion. Tornados, earthquakes, cyclones... all within about a week?!
That is really sad. Your post made me appreciate being an American. That is so screwed up about their government.
I am also saddened by the tragedy. We must pray and count our many blessings.
I am also saddened by the tragedy. We must pray and count our many blessings.
Post a Comment