Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stolen, swimming, and Samsung

The last week has been a doozey! A thief snagged Dan's credit card Wednesday. They charged $15,000 in one day. Our credit card company was all over it. Dan didn't file a police report since he has no idea when the card was taken. All he knows could be said in two sentences and the file would have been 13 pages long!
Last night Dan noticed some activity on our Debit card. He asked me if I spent $30 bucks at In-n-Out. Not likely for me and 2 boys! Turns out the restaurant was in LA. There was a gas station charge too. So, some how the crooks got Dan's Debit card info without taking his card. Sneaky. Needless to say, Dan is angry that he has to reset all of our auto payments; also, he is going on a business trip next week and both his credit card and his debit card are useless. How will he rent a car?
Alex started swim lessons yesterday. He did a great job. His usual 1st day anxiety was on strong in the morning, but he relaxed when he realized that Sis Inman was his teacher, 'She teaches me primary songs.' He grinned and his anxiety was gone.
And lastly, Mark helped my hubby spend $1,000 bucks yesterday. Dan says Kristina is a bad influence on me for shopping. I have never spent that much with my girlfriend! Dan got a 42" Samsung LCD TV. Once we get the proper cables, the picture is going to be awesome! On the way home Dan called his buddies and behaved like I do when I get a great deal on new shoes!
Now in our front living room we have 2 pianos (if you want to do a duet, come on over!) and a 27" TV that I believe we'll just have to give away. I wonder what else will gather in there this week.

6 comments:

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Ooooo, that would make me mad! I hate the feeling that I have lost my wallet, just thinking about who could get their hands on it creeps me out. Congrats on the new TV, you'll love it; and how did you end up with another piano? I let my sister have my mom's when she was giving it away and then my sister sold it (also made me mad).

Rochelle said...

I can't believe the things that happen all because of one or two important numbers. I hope the theives didn't get any other information. COOL new Tv. You'll have to craigslist your 27 inch...it'll go fast and you can recoup some of the $1000 your hubby spent.

:) said...

My fam and I were ripped off once in Canada. It was the worst feeling ever. We all felt so used. IIcckkk. Sorry that happened. But, enjoy the TV, looks fun, now you can really enjoy Nacho!

Elise and Dan said...

That is horrible! Nothing is worse than having your credit card stolen! My Dan will be proud of your new TV! You know him and electronics! Enjoy it!

mph said...

Wow. That is too bad. I hope they catch these jokers. Did you figure out how or where they got his credit card? As far as the TV, good thing for the economic relief refund checks, right?

andreamatrix said...

AND you got a credit check done immediately?! Do it!!! You have no idea how fast these people can move and how many credit cards, etc they probably have opened in his name...