I have so much I could say about my experience in Europe that I'll just give the skeleton of my trip and give installments on my adventures periodically. I studied architecture in college. Part of my education was a semester abroad. I lived in Rome for 4 months. On the way there I spent a week in London (New Year's 2001). On the way home I spent 10 days in Greece.Cities I visited: Berlin, Geneva (just for shopping), Paris (alas, only the subway and train depot!), Venice, Milan, Florence, Naples, Pompeii!, Bologna, Sienna, Athens, Sparta, and Olympia. I stayed on an island named Naxos for 5 days. It is one of my favorite memories. This was the ultimate girl trip. The 4 of us had a wonderful time!
No, I didn't go to Pisa. No, I never went in the colliseu
m. No, I didn't think the food great (especially the pizza!). Yes, I gained 15 pounds from walking 4 miles a day (at least), pasta, bread, and gelato. Yes, gelato is amazing! I would eat it every day, sometimes twice (it was only 1500 lira which was about $0.75.) I did attend LDS services. It was an adventure just getting to church. Yes, I could speak some Italian (I was the only one in my class that even bothered. It helped mostly when we were in other countries like Greece.) And yes, I saw the Pope (Papa Giovanni)
m. No, I didn't think the food great (especially the pizza!). Yes, I gained 15 pounds from walking 4 miles a day (at least), pasta, bread, and gelato. Yes, gelato is amazing! I would eat it every day, sometimes twice (it was only 1500 lira which was about $0.75.) I did attend LDS services. It was an adventure just getting to church. Yes, I could speak some Italian (I was the only one in my class that even bothered. It helped mostly when we were in other countries like Greece.) And yes, I saw the Pope (Papa Giovanni)Mostly I ate gelato, traveled, dated (not Italians, a boy from Penn State and a boy from BYU), shopped and sketched. My apartment was around the corner from Trevi Fountain (pictured above.)
6 comments:
The trip and experiences sound so amazing!
you sure had an exciting time before marriage--hope you are still enjoying the adventure!
I loved being your roommie in Rome and I think about that trip and our experiences almost daily! I was going to list my top Crystal memories from Rome, but the list got too long!
What fun times you had back in the day. You are so lucky to have been to Europe. All that history and different lifestyles you go to take in. I am sooooo jealous.
Wow! You had a grand time in Europe! You need to be a writer. You were able to fit four months of exciting happenings into a very small nutshell! I'm going to have to pick your brain for more details sometime!
Post a Comment