Friday, August 29, 2008

Serenity

Thanks to Amie, I was able to go to the temple yesterday and have peace and serenity. It was so refreshing and relaxing. Our Visting Teaching message this month mentioned something about having faith and serenity is knowing that we are daughters of God. I personally had never given it any thought. In my day to day goings I don't feel, 'I am serene and at peace because I am a daughter of God.' But being in the Lord's house did make me feel closer to him.
Also, the mountains behind our house are so beautiful and awesome during the monsoon sunsets. All the majestic cloud colors reflect off the rocks and cactus in a beautiful pink and purple display. For me, those mountains are ugly as the dickens when you get up close, but from here they can be gorgeous. I think I just love the play of shadows across the surface. It makes me want to whip out my water colors and get to work! That gives me serenity too...

3 comments:

Amie said...

Glad you could feel peace and serenity! Your post helped me remember where I can catch a glimpse of that in my life!!! :) The temple is such a wonderfully "clarifying" place. I love to be there too!

Mark and Karen said...

Serenity now! Serenity Now!

Can you guess what show this saying is from?

mph said...

I went last Sat. night and was soooo glad I did. Are we ever not sooo glad we went? If I had the money and the time, I would go there a couple times a week because that is the one place I come back feeling completely recharged spiritually and emotionally.