Monday, February 2, 2009

Camping

On Friday we went camping at Lake Pleasant with the Barons. It was a good time. Ryan took a few years off of my life when I took him for a ride on the quad. He said, "I can do it myself" and before I was even seated he put the gas on full. We nearly ran over Dan's nephew, barely missed Dan's truck and could have landed in a cactus! It scared me half to death because I had only ridden it one time and I wasn't very familiar with the brakes. That was the last quad ride for me. Dan took him out later. They were bouncing around and Ryan kept saying something Dan couldn't understand. He stopped and asked what he was saying. Ryan said, 'Go faster!' Our speed demon is definitely going to break something before long.
The night was full of things that 'go bump in the night.' I woke up to this crazy sound. I realized it was a donkey he-hawing. It was hilarious! Well, the first time... There was also an owl camped outside whoo whooing.
I didn't bring enough wood along, so we scavenged from the trees and dried cactus around us. We were nice and toasty in the morning for a yummy breakfast. It was a short trip, but it was fun and a nice diversion.
Our camera is on the fritz, so we'll have to wait to post pictures for a while.

1 comment:

Mark and Karen said...

I'm so happy to hear your heart is still beating after an experience like that. Quads make me so nervous! Glad you had fun.