
Ryan was disappointed that Alex had a party at school and he couldn't go, so he and I went to Party City and got balloons and candy. When we got home with the balloons on Friday Ryan took his outside. I didn't even think about warning him that balloons fly away. I found him outside looking up at the sky. 'Mom, you get my balloon?' 'Uh, no.' 'Dad get my balloon when he gets home?' 'Uh, no. Your balloon is going to the mountains. It isn't coming back.' We had another 3 year old over later in the day and he talked about letting his racecar balloon go. They were both solemn while discussing the loss of their balloons. So, I had Dan pick up another balloon as a surprise for Ryan.

We still don't have any red on our monitor, so I hope the pictures are OK. Here is Alex with his treat, card, and balloon. Alex had a school party. He had a great day with all the sugary treats. I'm sad that schools can celebrate Valentine's and not Christmas, but I'm glad that they got to have a party anway.

Dan surprised me with a dinner that he shopped for, marinated, and cooked with the guidance of his mother over the phone. He made a Korean stirfry that goes in a lettuce wrap. It was delicious. We went to play tennis with our friends the Williams and when we got back I ran to Target (I love Target is so close!). By the time I got home Dan had sent the boys to the Williams' house and had decorated the table. He had just started cooking. Good work, hubby! It was nice to have a quiet meal with my sweetheart.
5 comments:
What a cool idea! Props to your hubby! Does he mind sharing the recipe?
Wow that shows a lot of thoughtfulness! Very nice! Matt is a good cook and I like him to cook for me on special occasions.
Dan really hit the jackpot with this valentines. Good work!
How romantic! What a great way to spend valentines day!
What a good hubby. I love little surprises like that.
Post a Comment