Monday, April 5, 2010

Alex's Passion Project



Alex was able to create his own 'Passion Project' to work on instead of homework for 2 weeks. We read lots of books on the moon and found some great websites too. I didn't get a picture of the poster he made, but he made a map of the moon and put the locations of the Apollo Lunar landings on it. Part of the project was making a presentation, which I knew he would be reluctant to do, so we made this video. I taught him how to use the movie maker and he selected most of the pictures.
I'm glad that Alex was excited to research this topic. When I learned at the age of 30 that TWELVE men had walked on the moon I was astounded. I figured it would be good information to share with first graders. I think that in earth science, space exploration should be discussed. How could we have talked about what we know of the moon without giving credit to the men who went there and checked it out!

I forgot to add the song to the movie credit. It is Apollo by Rocknosorus.

No comments: