
Emily called and said she had a free day, so we met up with her at Papago Park. We first visited Hunt's Tomb where the first governor of AZ is in tombed with his family.

Then we went over to climb up to 'Hole in the Rock'. It is some place that I have always wanted to go and wanted to check it off.

Did you know that October means 95deg weather? Yeah, it was a short hike, but a hot day!

This is the view from the hole.

Picture of us'ns.

Our next stop was the Hall of Flame. There they have many old fire carts, cars, trucks and engines. The complete history of firefighting is contained in the small museum. My kids were only impressed with the play area. I thought it was very cool, and recommend it to folks without kids, or at least with kids that will let you actually look at the artifacts and read a few of the signs.
We had a nice time, but I think I'll stick to the zoo when we go back. Although, I do want to visit the botanical garden... maybe someday when all my sweet children are at school...
1 comment:
Oh I loved going there and looking out the top of the rock. I am sorry for the heat. I am glad it isn't hot here anymore.
I will call you when I have the baby and am in the hospital!
Miss you!
Post a Comment