You can't see it, but on the left of this image was our pitstop. I made a covered stand with red/white fabric and PVC pipe. We got popcorn donated by Cinemark and had water to drink. Free refreshments! We did have twinkie cars at the end of the evening.
After using this completely automated track, I don't see how you could possibly do it any other way. It was fair with no partiality to the line judging.
Our Alex came in 4th or fth place overall. Here he is in the winner's circle. I'm not sure why we didn't take pictures of the car itself.
At our weigh-in on Tuesday a dad said to me, 'You must either really love boys or love serving the Lord. How else can you handle with all this noise and chaos?' Huh, little did he know that having a parent to every boy equals zero chaos for me, and I can handle noise as long as I am not driving. And I do love boys and I suppose if I love serving them, then I am serving the Lord, so it is a win win for me! But I am hoping that by the time Ryan is racing I'll be able to sit on the sidelines and watch for a change...
1 comment:
SUCCESS! It turned out awesome. I bet the pit stop looked great, knowing you and your creativity! Thanks for the blog encouragement. I need to get mine to look like yours....Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment