Monday, May 14, 2012

May so far

The month started off with a birthday. Dan-O is now 35 years old! We went swimming and had the D's over. John selected some very nice gifts. This first is Yellow Submarine pj bottoms.
The second is a grill spatula. Hmm, what we need now is a new grill. We are still using the hand me down from the Baron's and it is looking pitiful!

Ryan has a need to be crazy whenever their is an audience.

Ah, but our Dear Goodyear Friends sent Dan this care package. Hats all around and a wildcats car tag rim. Dan has already put it on his truck. A great gift, thanks guys!
I ordered him a Double person Nylon Hammock that fits in a bag the size of a grapefruit. You just pull out and hook it up to a tree. No knots to worry about, and no tangles in the hammock. Can't wait to use it!
May also brought a close to basketball season. Here is Coach with his team. Alex is a great bball player. He had some great moves and was really getting into the season. There aren't a lot of options for basketball where we live, so we'll have to see when he'll play again.
And of course, Mother's Day is in May.
I nearly cried when I read this poem from Alex. It is so thoughtful. It certainly is idealistic; perhaps I can live up to these nice compliments. Mother's Day was easy for me this year. If you are a mother, then you will understand. Some years it is harder to accept the day and the praise. But this year was fun. I told Dan before hand that I didn't need gifts. That all I wanted was a homemade card and dinner. He did make a homemade card, but gave me a gift in exchange for me making dinner! But the gift was so thoughtful. He went to Bath Junkie and got me Hawaiian themed delights (like a bath fizzie that smells like Hawaiian Lei). Bravo my good husband. You are so good to me. Thank you. I am very blessed and lucky to have you and our children in my life. (He won't read this far down into the post, but maybe if you talk to him you can say that I said very nice things about him!)

No comments: