Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hawaii



There is so much I can say about our trip. I'm excited to make a memory book to capture all the experiences and images within.
But you don't want all that information... you want to know...
Did we have fun? Yes, it was awesome.
Did you really run a 5K or are you just posing with those t-shirts? We really did run a 5K on our second morning, and it was awful, running uphill in the windiest harbor in the Pacific!
Did you miss the kids? Sure, but it was a blessed relief to be just two adults for a change.
What was your favorite part? I loved the sunrise on the Mountain (and the starry sky before hand with the shooting stars) and Dan loved swimming with sea turtles (on the 7th day). I wish he had swam with them the second day; he was like a little kid afterwards. Giddy and excited!
Did you like your accommodations? The condo was perfect for our stop and go needs, but the Marriott Resort was beautiful and serene and I wish we could have stayed there more than the one night.
Will you go back? Hmm, this is harder to answer because, yes, I would like to go back. We didn't even go to the east side of the island, and you can't have too much beach time. But there are lots of places I would like to go to besides (and Dan says that there is a limit to how much travel we can afford :) especially if I want to go on a European tour). So, no, I probably won't go back. But I can totally see Ryan coming here and never leaving...



These final pictures are from our snorkel cruise. Dan ended up going on two because our first one didn't make it to Molokini (prime snorkel area.) These were all taken by the underwater photographer. I include the animal ones by him because we saw these water creatures, and Dan did snorkel with turtles even if there isn't any photographic proof of it.

2 comments:

Jennifer Foxx said...

Didn't you just LOVE zip lining? That was one of my favorite excursions when we went! LOVED it! Snorkeling on the other hand was not my forte but Rick loved it. ;) Looks like you guys had a great time, makes me want to go back!

Mark and Karen said...

Oh Hawaii...how I miss you! Your photos brought back lots of memories. Glad you had fun. Then again, how could you not have fun in Hawaii?!