Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Activities

I love Easter. I love that it is a Holy Day to think about our Savior. But I suppose it wouldn't be much of a holiday if there weren't fun traditions attached. So, an egg hunt was in order. We took the kids to an egg hunt at a high school stadium. The eggs were dropped from a helicopter. The kids were divided up into age groups. Here is Macey waiting with Dan for her turn.

For me, this was a 'once' activity. The eggs didn't have candy the kids liked, the free concessions had lines miles long, and the parents were pushy on the field.

The kids had a good time and were able to see some of their friends. And Macey got her picture with this rabbit. It was a fun activity for a Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately it was Conference Saturday. I spent ALL DAY Sunday watching 2 days worth of conference. It was a feast, but exhausting for me. I did finish quilting my conference quilt. I just need to bind it and then I'll have to start another 'conference' project.

Dan's truck has been an oxidized red looking nearly pink since we bought it 6 years ago. Finally, with a little urging from friends and family, Dan decided to put some elbow grease into fixing up the paint job.

Can you tell the difference between the left and the right? He only got half way done. So he is driving around in a work in progress. Our friend John said that maybe the offers on the truck are going to go up. If you aren't aware, little Toyota trucks are a hot item and Dan gets offers on it from time to time from strangers.

Here is my weekend project. I made this cute toddler dress for Macey for Easter.

She was very excited to watch me make it. It was a quick project, but so cute!

We are out front by the flowers we just planted.

What a jewel!
On Easter Sunday we got up and went to church first thing. When we got home, I got to work in the kitchen and the kids went to work on the Lego table.

Here we are at the table with our feast. A feast for our family, is probably the size a regular families regular dinner. It was delicious, if not lonely. We missed going to the Frassas or sharing our holiday's with the Williams. I did get to talk to Bruce and Julianne after everyone went to bed at 8:45 (including Dan who was holding Macey).
A chance to be silly.
It started raining after church. I nice slow rain. Enough to keep our egg hunt inside. We don't do Easter baskets, but we do have an egg hunt and then each kid gets a chocolate bunny. More candy to stock the candy jar with.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Hey Danno, the truck looks great, did you do the wax on,wax off method?

Angie Bentley said...

Looks like a fun Easter! Love the dress you made! It turned out great!