We had Mary and Joseph (mom and dad) who stayed with their roles. But the children had dual roles. Macey started as the angel and then transitioned to the star.
The boys were Shepherd/Wiseman and Sheep/Wiseman.

We also started a new tradition (that I hope holds). I made the kids either make or buy from their allowance presents for all of their family members. I wanted these special gifts to be shared away from the glitter of Santa so they could keep their meaning. Macey drew pictures for both of her brothers. Ryan said, "I know 2 things I can give Alex. One, a hug. Two, a basketball Lego set." We couldn't get the basketball set, but he did give his brother a bag of 'hug' candies. Alex gave Ryan a cane tube of gum balls. And the two boys pooled their resources to give Macey a trip to Build a Bear.
This trip they did the next week. We all went to the mall and let Macey pick out her bear.
Macey is holding her Build a Bear box that has her new bear inside.
She picked the Disney Princess Bear and then selected the Merida (Brave) costume for her. The wig came with it as well as a bow and arrow set. Ryan was disappointed that they didn't really shoot!
It was an Awesome Christmas Eve spending our time thinking of Jesus and his birth long ago.
However, there were preparations for the big Jolly Elf that stopped by. Milk and Cookies and this note written by Alex...







No comments:
Post a Comment