Soccer party. Coach is handing out the season's trophies.
Mom's day at church.
I love being the Act Day leader with Macey's friends. This was our first of our summer adventures.
Piano recital.
MJ learning to skateboard.
Field Day. I showed up to take pictures this year. First one I haven't volunteered at in a long time. It was a wicked hot day, so I'm not too sad about it.
Ryan saved up his money for 6 months to buy this VR headset. And he keeps working so he can buy more games.
Macers giving it a go. I haven't tried it, but I'm afraid I'd get motion sickness. Ryan does enjoy playing on his headset. When has a new game.
A new car!! I can't believe it. After all the heartache with the truck Dan bought another brand new car! This is a 2019 Honda Accord.
It is super fun to zip around in our new car (even on economy mode). I have doubled my gas mileage from the Pilot.Memorial Day with the D's. They hosted us for a meal and a dip in the pool.
Another summer swimmin' with Soph.
Albert, Alex and Nico. Geez, these boys are growing up!
4th Grade Living Museum.
Last Day of school with Madi and Elissa.
Yay! A 5th grader and her pooch.
Last day of school snow cones from the Frisco Snow Cone Lady.
Ryan had been asking for us to go camping for months. The day after school got out we loaded up the car in about 2 hours and headed to Little Elm Beach Park.
Alex was determined this was going to be the WORST trip ever and packed in less than 5 min. And made sure to pack whittling tools to stave off the boredom. Also, he was miffed that we camped in a city park where he could see a gas station from our campsite.
These two were very happy playing in the sand and were happy to be here!
Ryan was in charge of the meal. We bought a $20 fire pit from Wal-Mart, which R built. I had to go to the gas station ACROSS the street to get lighter fluid for the fire. (And a box of Dibs! No one was complaining about how close the store was when I had to go get stuff.) Ryan loves tin foil dinners. An easy meal to make on a fire pit. While waiting for the coals we played some games.
We played card games, frisbee and Spikeball.
(And Alex checked his phone regularly.)
The park has this truncated zip-line. The kids played on this for half an hour. In the end Alex decided our trip was very fun. Not lame. He didn't even need to whittle! (Dan travels a lot these days, so he missed out on this outing. However, with the last of the cool days and the kids upcoming summer camps, this was the best weekend for us to go camping. Next time we'll take dad!)

























No comments:
Post a Comment