I went to the Dallas Temple 11/30/21. I often attend the temple and walk away thinking, 'that was nice' but not necessarily receiving new revelation. On this particular day I had 3 ah-ha moments that really connected me to the Lord.
I had a few minutes before my appointment so I was directed to sit in the celestial room for about 8 min while I waited. I am in Mosiah right now for my personal scripture study so I opened that up to read for a few minutes in chapter 2. I had a profound grasp of our insignificance when you consider that God made and owns the dust of the earth, so therefore he owns us. Yet he gives us the air we breath (by lending you breath) and allows us to "live according to your own free will and even supporting you from moment to moment." This feels so personal. God is not unknown; we are his!
While performing the ordinances I had a profound peace settle upon me that reassured, heartened and comforted me to let me know that I WOULD become a queen in the House of Israel, that I will have the joy I seek someday. No more assurances were given at that time, but it was enough for that day to know I will be blessed for keeping my covenants.
The last moment occurred as I was preparing to drive away. I noticed the nativity was out, so I parked my car and got out to take a picture. Immediately I saw the image on my phone, my heart was full to bursting of the truth about Jesus. The fact that I have studied the temple so thoroughly helped me to make the connection that Jesus and the temple are one idea. One doesn't work without the other. In 2002 Dec Ensign one of the questions in the Visiting Teaching message asked 'How is our Christmas celebration made more meaningful through our knowledge of temple blessings?' Back in 2002 I didn't have an answer. I didn't understand at all! But today looking at this picture I could see clearly that Jesus was the key "to unlock the gates of heaven and let us in." I posted this picture on FB tagged with #JesusistheReasonfortheSeason , but while driving home I further decided that actually, I am the reason! The temple and Jesus are provided and dedicated for the exaltation of me and the whole human family. Christians see Jesus to help us become 'good enough' to get into Heaven. But the truth is, Jesus gets everyone into a state of glory, but His ultimate mission is to exalt us to become heirs of the Kingdom which is so humbling and beautiful and powerful!
No comments:
Post a Comment