Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 3rd Ryan!

Ryan's bday is on Dec 27th. We keep it simple and then in the summer have a half birthday to get new toys and have fun with friends. Here he is opening his bed gift. This was an Iron Man day, so he got a book to start off with.

Then we sang 'Happy Birthday' and had candles on donuts. Grandma's immunity is very low because of the Chemo so we had a small celebration in the morning and then had the party at Chucky Cheese later with my brother's family. Can you believe there is a Chucky Cheese in Rogers, Arkansas?! I was shocked to find that out. But so glad because Ryan loves 'Pizza Planet' and it was a very cold and wet day all day and we didn't have a lot of other choices in the county.



Ryan got an Iron Man car for his party. This was the first cake I have ever bought for a party. I won't do it again unless we are having a huge crowd or we are on vacation. We only ate half of it and chucked the rest a week later. When asked how old he was, Ryan would say '40'. Oh, man when Ryan really is 40 I'll be 66. I'll probably be playing the latest Wii in black socks!

6 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us. It looks like you had a fun one with lots of adventures.

I can't believe Ryan is 3. I still picture him just beginning to walk.

Amie said...

Happy 40th to Ryan! :) He's such a ham! Loved the look he gave holding his underpants book. Sincere excitement! I am so happy that you had such a grand time visiting with your special grandma. You made her Christmas I am certain. Goodyear is glad to have you back though!

Elise and Dan said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Looks like you had a wonderful trip in AR. I hope your Grandma is doing better. I bet she loved having you all there! She was so cute playing the wii in her black socks! lol.

Triple A said...

Happy Birthday Ryan. I can't believe he is that old. Wow! Awesome birthday cake. You will have to clue me in on how to throw a boy birthday party.

Liz G. said...

Looks like you had a blast!! It's always fun to be around family for the holidays and birthdays! Happy Birthday to Ryan - ours boys are growing up so fast!

~ Roxanne said...

It is hard to believe Ryan is already 3! And has such a personality.

There is a 'Jump Zone' somewhere around here.

Let us know next time you are in town. We are not sure of when we will get to AZ next.

Jim would like to take a road trip this summer hitting Idaho {his mom's family}, Yellow Stone, and pass through Utah on the way home. All new for me.