Monday, January 5, 2009

Santa came

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve/Day. On the Eve my Aunt, uncle and two cousins came and stayed the night with us at Grandma's. We read 'The Night before Christmas' and let the boys open one little gift. Alex slept with Grandma and Ryan slept on a pallet in our room. At 7:20 I woke up to a quiet house. Surely with 2 teenagers and 2 little boys someone is up eager for presents! Grandma said she and Alex woke up at 6 and just layed there and talked. Alex said he thought Santa had come but didn't suggest to go look. I got up and made a little noise which made Alex come out of his room. And then the chaos began!
Ryan had to have a skakeboard. Why? I have no idea. But it was a sincere pain in the rump trying to find one his size. Santa went to many stores on Christmas Eve to find it! Alex wanted this Lightsaber because I refued to buy or let him spend his allowance on it. I guess Santa can bring whatever so now we have 3 in the house. This particular one is a dangerous weapon because when you push the button it shoots out. Yes, Ryan did hit Alex in the eye with it within 5 minutes of it being out of the box.
Well, if you know Ryan than the cover of this book is all that needs to be said. If you don't these are his 3 joke words: undperants, pineapple, and eyeball.

I'm glad Grandma doesn't have the internet otherwise I would be disinherited for showing this picture. Here she is in all her glory with her 'nursing home' socks bowling on the Wii. Grandma and I are great buddies and something I have learned from her is that you never get used to looking old. When she first saw this picture she gasped, 'Ugh, what am I doing wearing black socks!' She is young at heart and although she loves a good round of Pac Man, she is not interested in Boom Blox!
My grandma has CMML leukemia. She was very weak when we got there. My aunt and uncle have been taking care of her since October on a nearly everyday basis. Because we were there, they got to go on a week break. But we had a great time with them before they left. I'm thankful they spent so much time with us. The boys loved Megan and Laura!
As for Grandma, she had a blood transfusion while we were there. We spent 8 hours at the hospital just the two of us, which doesn't sound fun, but it was. She was pointing out the patterns in the tile (she quilts) and I was telling her about Ryan's crazy ways. She is special to me and I'm glad she let us crash on her for 2 weeks. Her energy was a lot higher when we left than when we came, so maybe she needs us to give her a boost from time to time.

5 comments:

Aleasha said...

Grandma looks GREAT!!! even with her black socks on! She looks the exact same to me! What a great opportunity you had to spend Christmas there.

Hope all is going well for you!!! miss you!

Rochelle said...

I'm glad you got to see your Grandma...that's great that you guys had a good time. BTW...Jayden has that exact same lightsaber and its hit a few kids on accident cuz of the popping out thing...but its his favorite.

Kelly said...

Your Grandma looks great! That's nice you got to spend so much time with her. I love the picture of her playing the wii and everyone looks SO happy in the group one underneath it. Looks like fun! I couldn't believe the Chuck E. cheese in Rogers either!!! ROGERS?!?

Triple A said...

I'm so glad you were able to go home. I know grandma had to be thrilled. Looks like a great trip. I bet you are glad to be back in warm weather. We had a day that got to 50 and we all thought it was summer!!

~ Roxanne said...

What a blessing for both you and your Grandmother to have this special time together. What a joy it must be for her to spend time getting to know her great-grandson. You are doing a great job!