Alex turned 6 Saturday. On Friday, Ryan and I went to school with cupcakes. The battery was out on the camera, so the pic of him at the table is the goods he got from his teacher at school. Alex woke up Saturday at 6:00am to celebrate (and I quote him) 'The best day of his life.' It is unfortunate that he did since his party wasn't until 5:00pm. This is the longest day we've had to endure for a while! His bed present was the clone outfit. It was $5 at KB when they were going out of business and the suit was destroyed by the end of the day! At least he has a real mask so he doesn't have to pretend with his sunglasses anymore.
The party was a big success. We mostly just sent them outside to play light sabers and guns. There was a lot of bossiness going on, but I stayed out of it. There were a few whimpers from each kid, but hey, war is war, you're going to get hurt playing it. Last year I now remember (after the fact!) that the party was 1.5 hrs which was perfect. When I made the invites this year I thought it was 2.5 and thus planned for that. Alas, it was 30 minutes too long. But I don't think they minded. We ended with a Clone Wars episode to calm everyone down. Oh, and I made a target game out of laminated pictures tapped to boxes. They shot the Nerf gun and they got a 'whoppers' candy for each point they earned. The kids loved it! That was cheap and fun if you ever need a great party game.
Thank you to all who brought or sent Alex gifts. We had a great time Sunday building and playing with them. As for the cash, Alex is anxious to spend it. I hope I can reign in the spending so he doesn't invest in more things for me to pick up!
2 comments:
Crystal, you seriously throw the best parties. I soooo want you on my committee!!!
Happy birthday Alex!
Ditto Crystal to what Karen said! Want to be back on my committee???!!! Thanks for going to the park with us...Wednesdays just about kill me sometimes! :) Cute pics of you all over the years!
Post a Comment