This summer I have taken on a project that I felt compelled to do. After offering to teach one young lady at church some art skills, I was approached by other willing students. After some consideration (and studying on my part!) I've decided to share my talents with young artists. And by my talents I don't mean to say that I'm a gifted artist. But I have basic knowledge in several art forms from my college days and since I need to share with my own children these skills, I'm opening it up to others. Below are the classes I'll be teaching. They will start June 23 and go until the last week of July. If you are interested send me an email or give me a call (or post a comment) and I can give you the full information. I wanted to see what the demand is before I commit to times. There will be a limit of some sort, but I don't know yet where I'll draw the line (har, har.) For those of you already lined up for the art lessons, no need to reply. Your time and slot are the same.
ArtEssentials 9+
A sampling of photography, graphite drawing, figure drawing, and painting for the motivated student.
Preschool Painting 2 1/2+
Painting exploration for the youngest artist.
Grade school painting 6+
Painting for children who have a basic understanding of colors and drawing. They will be guided according to their skills in topics, color, tone and stroke development.
5 comments:
Excellent idea!
How's your back btw?
That is a great idea. Nice way to bank in on your talents! =) I wish I were still your neighbor, because Abree LOVES art, and would love to take a class! Luckily Dan is the artist, and will hopefully teach her some skills. Good Luck getting it all started.
We would love to participate, but we got a baby coming around that time, don't know if I will be able to hold everything together to get Mags over. Maybe another time?
Wish we could participate! I have had the desire to paint (water color) recently.
Maybe some art classes are in my future. I haven't taken any since high school.
Count us IN Crystal! You didn't mention that you were doing a preschool age one too. I would love to sign up Aiden for that one and even though Alex isn't six yet, can he participate in your 6+ class?
Post a Comment