Sunday, June 14, 2009

June Week 2

Last Saturday Dan stuck his head in the house and said, 'keep the boys inside.' I assumed that meant there were wasps about, but then I saw him out there with the camera. This is a long nosed snake, nothing to be worried about. Dan scooped him up and kindly threw him over the fence! (No, not into someone else's yard!)
Ryan has decided he CAN swim. What joy we have shared as he has overcome his fear of the deep and has started to brave the water. He is a little fish now. If only he could see the need to roll over and get a breath from time to time!

I took Alex to watch his swim mates race on Thursday. I tell ya, I don't enjoy the thought of sitting in the heat for hours on end waiting for him to race, but he seemed interested in doing it. Maybe in a year or two. At least now that he has seen it done it won't be such a big deal when we decide to do it.

Sleep. Ryan has been wore out all week from his swimming exertions. He went to bed at 6:30 a couple of nights and napped a couple of days. This was from last night. The boys spent a good deal of time swimming the day away and went to bed at 7pm. I'd love to know what was going on when Ryan grabbed Alex. We let them fall asleep together and then put Ryan in his own bed. Ryan was in my room by 6:15am begging for food. I ignored him as best I could, but he climbed in bed upside down and was kicking me in the head. And they wonder why I'm grouchy early in the morning!

2 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

What wonderful creatures you have in your backyard! Have you seen your huge lizard lately?

june said...

Remember--this too shall pass. So excited to see you all on saturday!