Monday, August 1, 2011

Days 23, 22

Day 23. We had a paper airplane contest. Ryan's did the best loop de loop and Alex's was the best decorated. Sunday is a trickier day to plan...
Day 22. This is a clever idea. A candy bar treasure hunt. I let them pick out the candy bars at Target and then I put about 12 clues about for them to find. They really enjoyed it. And I didn't even have to hide the candy. I left it in the fridge (it is HOT in Texas right now!)

Amie asked how I came up with my ideas. It wasn't easy. And I'm only writing the clues for one week at a time in case we need to make changes.

Can I say that 21 more days until school feels like a really really really long time to me? This morning I thought about how much the boys need to get out of the house. Then when we were out of the house I thought how much the boys need to be out of the house and not out with me. That eliminates quite a few places the boys can go. So, since I teach Alex in primary now, I guess what the boys really need is to be out of the house, away from stores, away from church and AT SCHOOL! How, oh how, are there mother's out there home schooling? I love my kids, but I want to parent and enrich, not educate and reform!

1 comment:

Liz G. said...

Amen, Sista!!! We start on August 22nd. It can't come fast enough for me, but Greg is freaking out because his classroom isn't NEAR ready!