Thursday, August 4, 2011

Still counting down

Day 21: Lunch at Chick Fil A. It has a playground so it is another great lunch spot. This time it got crowded quickly. So, while the boys played I shared my table with another mother and daughter. It was so European and fun. And better for them than to stand at the trash can to eat! What a great way to meet new people. I know I won't have many other chances to do that here in the very 'stay out of my space' America, but it was fun for me.
Oh and this was the day with a bonus: I found a cheap-o theater with 75cent movies on Tuesdays. We went and saw 'Rio' right after lunch.
Day 20: Make cookies. Sort of. We bought the ingredients and then we baked the cookies at bedtime. It was another lame pick, but not everyday can be movie day.
Day 19: Harry Potter movie. I had banned the kids from electronics before lunch because they are rotten otherwise. But today I conceded. And it was a disaster again. They did think it was awesome to watch HP3 so it was a good idea. I just can't relent on the E rule. Now, today is another bonus day because that same cheap-o theater has 3d movies. As we speak my boys are watching Thor with dad for $3.50 each. Nice!

No comments: