Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Holidays




If you are familiar with us at all then you know about our morning birthday tradition. This time I got 3 kids in bed!
I had a fun day playing with the kids.
Dan arranged for a sitter so we could go to dinner just the two of us.
Following dinner we went to watch a fireworks display 30 minutes away with the Delucias.
Fireworks in case you've never seen any.

On the fourth Marcella calls and says, 'We are getting ready to cook a late lunch. We were thinking of you. Do you want to come over?' I will say this up front, if the Delucias offer you food, you say, 'YES!' We already had our swimsuits on and were getting ready to go to the pool, but instead of hanging a left at the end of the street, we took a right and ended up at the D cafe.
Actually, we couldn't have bought a better meal at a restaraunt. It was delicious! Following our meal, the two families then went to the pool to cool off and play.

And when that was over it was time to fullfill a condition I set to Dan previously (again, check the previous post). We were off to an FC Dallas game.We got to be on the field to welcome the two teams in a fan tunnel. It was a neat experience as the skydiving team came in for a landing in front of us. The game was against the Toronto team. It ended in a tie, 1-1. But it was fun and the kids endured the sitting very well.
The firworks show was awesome! However, our little princess did not enjoy it. She didn't like being so close to the noise. She wanted to hide in the bathroom. I did not. So I held her and rocked her and kept saying, 'it is almost over' when actually it was a long show that lasted past her. She fell asleep just before the finish.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Ah! My Dear! I missed wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like it was fabulous! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair! When did you cut it? You look beautiful! :)