Sunday, August 19, 2012

August news

 This month we went to pick up Ryan's artwork. These are the 2 finished pieces. First, a plate.
 Second, glass fusion. He glued pieces of colored glass to a clear glass square. The pieces 'fuse' into art once it comes out of the kiln. Very cool.
 Ryan is very proud of his artwork. He has 3 more items going into the kiln. There were clay pieces that had to fired before they could be painted. He painted them on this trip, but next trip he'll get to take them home.
 I was bored waiting for the kids somewhere and was checking out some photos on my phone that I never downloaded. Most of you have seen my vintage phone, so you can understand the poor quality of these pictures. Above are Julianne and Alex holding the 'Go Team Goodyear' banner we used at the Triathlon many moons ago!
 This is a more recent pictue of Ryan holding a shark specimen.
 Yes, it was stinky!
Lastly this picture are the two best friends. We showed up the park with matching girls one day. Such cuties.
News for the month: I had high hopes of doing nothing the last 2 weeks before school started. Alas, we have games and practices, and a birthday party, and shopping, so it isn't relaxing. But I have let the boys drop their mom-work for the most part and Alex isn't having piano lessons (although I am encouraging him to practice for his Sept recital).
Friday Alex went to play at a friends, Dan and Macey had a date, and I took Ryan and his friend to a water park. All had a good time. I like having my kids around. I'll miss having them all the time after school starts, but I know that they will be in good hands learning a good deal more about the world than I can teach them.

1 comment:

Baron Family said...

Wow, nice artwork Ryan!