Monday, May 29, 2017

Camping with Mom

Easter weekend the kids had Friday off from school. Alex went on an Aaronic Priesthood encampment. Dan was on a business trip... again. I decided to take advantage of the lack of supervision and took Ryan and Macey camping. We went to Joe Pool Lake, which is on the south side of Dallas. We left Thursday evening right after Macey's choir rehearsal.
 The weather was fantastic. Not windy. Not hot. Not cold. Just right.
 It is spring in North Texas, which means wildflowers.

 I got a subscription to a Geocaching website and we went around camp looking for hidden treasures. This is not Macers favorite activity!
 Fishing pond.
 I may have been a fisherman once, but my skills and supplies are ridiculously low these days! We didn't catch a single thing. But we were outside and not having electronics!

 Ryan is a Boy Scout and I made him in charge of the fire. I helped him some, but he did a great job protecting the fire pit. We had hot dogs, smore's, toasted pop tarts, and oatmeal over our fire.

Lucy was a very good puppy. She only started barking at 7:15am when she heard other animals awake in camp. The kids slept fairly well, but I on the other hand woke up at 2 am when the wind started to pick up. Seems our tent isn't exactly wind proof anymore. I had to anchor it down! I was worried that the rain would wash us away. However, the storm must of skipped around us because after an hour or so the wind stopped. Shew! The kids and I played card games and went for hikes. We had a really good time. Dan flew in the next morning and drove down to bring us lunch. A great camp night away.

No comments: