Monday, May 29, 2017

Dan turns 40

 With Dan traveling so much this spring, the kids and I have had time to do some weird stuff. Proof number 1: A bacon bouquet. This is obviously a Pinterest idea. It was clever, but a tad tricky to put together.
 I'm not sure that Lucy appreciated the tantalizing smell. She was a bit out of sorts all day sniffing around trying to get to it!
 Another happy birthday treat delivered to our front door. YUM!
 Yes, well, it we aren't exactly classy around here. ;)
The candy card was Alex's idea. He found a poem and had me get the candy for him. We are still eating the candy a month later.
Dan and I went to lunch on his birthday (he worked from home). While we were eating he says, 'so, would it be OK if we didn't do dinner today? I'd like to take the boys to see the new Marvel movie tonight.' This would have been opening night, so it was a cool thing to do. However, by switching nights we had to go out to eat on Cinco de Mayo. There were lots of crowds, but not too much at TGIFridays. And also, we had already committed to having Asher with us Friday, so he got to tag along too.

No comments: