Friday, October 17, 2008

Finishing the fall break

Some have said that they can't wait for school to start again after 2 weeks. Not me. I'm glad to have Alex at home. He is so sweet and good these days. He really has played nicely with Ryan. I know I should really get down and play with him, but I'm just a board game and book kind of mom. I'm also an outing kind of mom. I'm always glad to take them somewhere. Here are pictures of Saturday bowling with Dad and a trip to the Children's Museum with the Wrights.
Alex will head back to school on Monday with his homework done (Did you remember Amie?) and lunchbox full. Ryan and I will put all our effort into the Halloween festivities coming up and then gear up for Thanksgiving. I hope Kirsten is hosting this year...

4 comments:

andreamatrix said...

I'm with you! Except my motivating factor is that when the kids go back to school, so do I.

Amie said...

HA! I DID actually remember the homework thing this time. Well, I'll be honest here...we have had to play a bit of catch-up. But, that's acceptable, right???! :) The kids had SO MUCH fun with your kiddos at the museum! Thanks for going...I'm still sad I didn't buy the passes the first go around! :) Boo hoo for school on Monday! Back to real life again with schedules and early bed times!

mph said...

I am with you on the board games and books. I find it really hard to sit down and play Barbies with the girls or trucks with Will. I can make myself do it, but I'd rather do something else with them. I love to take my kids places too when we have $ because it seems like they fight when we just stay home all day.

Elise and Dan said...

I'm also a book, game, and outing kind of Mom. I MUCH rather do that than pretend play with dolls and stuff. Looks like you had a fun fall break. Ours was only a week. I think it was just right for us.