Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

Ok, you know I love Halloween. But here is why I love October.
1)There is no holiday rush. There is anticipation for December, but no mad dashing!
2) Although not applicable here, cold air
3)ditto, autumn
4) ditto, Mountie (I miss marching band!) and Razorback football
5) Fall decor
6) Apple cider and orange rolls
7) Costume making
8) Fall break (our family's first and we are going to San Diego)
9) Crips walks through bright leaves. (Downtown Rogers has the biggest, most beautiful Maple trees anywhere I've lived. Man, to take a break from PBA Architects and go for our 15 min walks was heaven!)
10) Pumpkin patches

Now, 3 reasons why you should go to the Sarival Ward Halloween party. Frist, Amie Wright is our committee chair and she is awesome! Second, contests. Pumpkin carving, costumes, chili and may I suggest Cornbread eating? Third, would you really want to miss seeing Dan and I as C3PO and Chewbacca? I mean really, The Force is going to be strong this year! So, pass out some candy at home, come to the party, and then hit the houses on your street on the way home. Perfect!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I, too, LOVE October! I definitely miss NWA this time of Rogers. Downtown Rogers....ahh....so beautiful! i'm excited to see pictures of you and Dan from Halloween. Sounds like a fun night you've got planned!

Elise and Dan said...

I love, love, love fall. I think that was the hardest part about being in AZ--No fall!

Amie said...

OK CRYSTAL!!! You take the cake for making me LAUGH OUT LOUD the hardest this MONTH! I laughed so hard at your pitch for the ward Halloween party. Mmmmm, you sure are good at advertising and drawing in a crowd...wanna be back on the committee? C'mon, everybody's doing it... :0) I appreciate the confidence and support. I can't wait to hang out with you all at the party...I NEED THE FORCE TO BE WITH ME!

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your costumes. I don't think I could ever get Jess to dress up (he gets embarrassed easily). Happy October...

mph said...

Sounds like fun. We will be there. Good costume ideas!

andreamatrix said...

AND I hear your sewing skillz are to be desired! I can't wait to see pictures.