President's Day was a make-up snow day, and since we have had no ice or snow, the kids got the day off. We chose to go to the zoo. Our friends, Rosa and Andrew C. came with us. Alex and Andrew are on the same soccer team. We love this family and are so glad that we found them!
It was a cold day, which explains the zoo's promotion, Penguin Days, $5 entrance fees during Jan and Feb. Cold or not, we had a great time!
Our car was packed with kids, so I went ahead and rented a 'safari jeep' stroller instead of bringing my own. It was a two seater. After all our lunches and bags there was enough room for sister!
I love this bench. Ah, when I have a backyard that I can make into a flower garden I know exactly what accessory I want!
Here are the kids being crazy together.
This Koi pond was awesome because of the glass viewing panels on the side.
Of course you can't just see the animals. A park in necessary. I love the zoo because, for the most part the boys can be wild and crazy. I love a $5 entrance fee because if all they do in the reptile house is read the labels to find out which ones are venomous or not then we haven't wasted any money on educating them!
Andrew is a little bigger than an Emporer.
Ryan is the same as an emperor. R just went through a penguin book marathon. He didn't spend that much time watching the live ones. Too bad I didn't take the time to say, 'you have to watch them for as long as I spent reading books about them.' Next time, maybe! Unfortunately, there is no place to visit a giant squid, our latest animal craze.
We rode the monorail to get off our feet for a bit.
And finally, the boys all wanted to ride and push the stroller. Here they have just crashed into a wall. Luckily no one bonked heads. A fun trip that ended in nice warm sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment