Monday, February 6, 2012

Valiant 8 Field Trip

I have a fabulous class of primary kids. They need positive reinforcement to keep them going, so I have a reward chart system that once they fill up the chart we get to do something special. Our second such event turned out to be a field trip to the Dallas temple. It is less than 15 miles away and some of the kids couldn't remember walking the grounds, so that is what we did.
We borrowed a 3 ring binder from the temple that talked about the construction and features of the temple. One interesting fact: there are 40,000 marble tiles on the facade and Relief Society sisters hand polished each one before it was mounted.

We had a picnic lunch on the steps by the front spires.
I took a lot pictures of the kids to make them keepsake blocks for birthday presents.
Here is my class minus just 2 members. We missed them, but we had a nice visit none the less.  In just a few years this crew will be coming here together to serve.
My crazy class.
Alex asked to have his picture taken right here in front of the temple. I am so glad that I teach his class. I love that he is getting a good dose of gospel instruction from me weekly since I don't do a good job of doing it daily.
I love the temple. I love the service I do here. I love the peacefulness I feel inside and out. I love that I was married in a temple for eternity and that my children are promised to me always because of it. I love my Savior and I hope that I can grow up to become just like him.

No comments: